Spring is a time for cleaning, organizing, and outdoor maintenance. Make sure that you and your family know the risks and dangers of electrical equipment. While most people know the danger of electricity, everyone needs to be educated about home safety. Here at HB Energy Solutions, we work with a wide range of energy products and services, from septic tanks to comprehensive electrical installation. In this post, we’d like to pass along some electrical safety tips. For comprehensive energy solutions, call the Southern Vermont electrical experts at HB Energy Solutions today!
- Be aware of overhead wires. As you do your spring cleaning outside the home, remember to know where any overhead wires are at all times, particularly if you’re working on a ladder.
- Inspect any home tools for electrical faults. If you have any electrical equipment, make sure that it’s safe to operate by taking a look for any frayed or damaged wiring.
- Don’t overload outlets. Plugging too many gadgets or multiple surge protectors into a single electrical outlet can overload your electrical system and be hazardous. If you need additional power sources, then make sure they are professionally installed.
- Don’t operate electrical equipment near water. In places like the kitchen, bathroom, or even outside around the swimming pool, the operation of electrical equipment can be dangerous. Keeping electricity and water separate is obvious to most people, but it’s easy to overlook, too. Make sure that any potentially harmful devices are out of the reach of young children.
- Have an electrical problem? Hire a pro. There’s no substitute for the knowledge and experience of a trained professional. Handling electricity can be dangerous, and you need to make sure that you’re not doing more harm than good. Make sure you hire a certified electrician.
Electrical problems can place your home in danger and your comfort at risk. Make sure you stay alert to flickering lights, frequently tripped circuit breakers, and wobbly switches. When you need a Southern Vermont electrical expert, call HB Energy Solutions.